RECIPE OF THE MONTH
BEER CAN CHICKEN
- 1 Cup of butter
- 2 Tablespoons of garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (12 oz) Can of beer
- 1 Whole chicken (approx. 4 lbs)
- Preheat an outdoor grill for low heat.
- In a small skillet, melt 1/2 cup butter. Mix in 1 tablespoon garlic salt, 1 tablespoon paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Drink 1/2 the beer (No Driving!), leaving the remainder in the can. Add remaining butter, garlic salt, paprika, and desired amount of salt and pepper to beer can. Place can on a disposable baking sheet. Set chicken on can, inserting can into the cavity of the chicken. Baste chicken with the melted, seasoned butter.
- Place baking sheet with beer and chicken on the prepared grill. Cook over low heat for about 3 hours, or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 180 degrees F (80 degrees C).